POSTED JULY 2 2007
eVACS® is enabling The Police Association Victoria to conduct online elections for Delegates, and Occupational Health and Safety Representatives and Deputies.
The Police Association Election Returning Officer is electronically:
- managing the electoral roll of members eligible to nominate or vote in a particular election;
- calling for nominations via an email to all eligible members;
- starting an election;
- advising members via email when voting has commenced;
- determining the outcome of the election;
- advising members via email of the outcome of an election; and
- easily managing multiple elections at the same period.
Members can electronically:
- nominate as a candidate for a particular election;
- seek endorsement of their nomination or endorse another member's nomination (required for delegate nominations); and
- vote in an election.
The benefits to the Police Association from using eVACS® are:
- Significant reduction in time and dollar costs in creating and running an election.
- Elimination of the time and dollar costs of the postal process.
- Increase in the accuracy and speed of the vote counting process.
- Reduction in the overall amount of effort required to run elections.
- Reduction in the time from which an election is required to when it is held and the results determined.
- Enforcement of anonymity.
- Reduction in the effort required by voters to participate.
- Increase in member participation in elections.
- Increase in the ability to conduct elections simultaneously by reducing reliance on human resources and potential for time delays.
- Significant reduction in overall time of election process with reduced polling period due to elimination of mail delivery times.
Back to News and Events